Sunday, September 30, 2007

Slovensky Raj

Ahojte!

I apologize for not blogging lately. It has been a busy last week or two.

Last weekend I went to Slovensky Raj (Slovak Paradise) with a group of people. We stayed in a nice cottage right near the hiking trails. We left right after school on Friday and traveled by train for about four hours. The train ride there was not that bad. That was my first train ride.

Saturday morning, we began hiking at around 8 a.m. and continued until probably 4 p.m. when we tried to catch a bus back to the town our cottage was in. The hike was pretty cool. We hiked around little waterfalls and such. It was cold at times, especially when I slipped into the streams a little.

I strained my left ankle during the hike though, so when everyone else went Sunday morning for another hike. I stayed in and graded some papers. The train ride back was packed. We were fortunate enough to get seats, but most people had to stand.

It was a pretty exciting trip.

1 comment:

Miriam Sybrandy said...

What a way to strain your ankle! I think that in years to come you will look back on these adventures with fondness. It sure beats good old flat Michigan!
You seem to have settled into teaching - all teachers grade papers on Sunday! Keep up the good work.