Sunday, June 8, 2008

The End is Near!!!

Days until I get 21 two-thousand word research papers: 1 (I hope I will be receiving 21)

Days until half of my students leave for Paris: 2

Days until I get to see another doctor for my shoulder: 3 (I hope at the most)

Days until grades are due: 11

Days until I meet Jon Covel: 11

[Jon Covel is a American who will be teaching here next year and he taught here last year and everyone seems to love him. He is around 30, plays guitar and baseball, among other things, and everyone says that we will get along very well next year. I have already appointed him to the position of "new best friend" even before meeting him. We'll see if we get along or not. (Having younger guys here is pivital. The closest American male this year is Josh, and he is 30, and he is leaving this year. So I have to replace him)]

Days until no more teaching: 12

(Notice how grades are due before we are done teaching. So I suppose that means there will be no real teaching going on)

Days left until no more school: 19

Days until I leave for Croatia: 23

(I'm going to Croatia for 5 days from July 1 - 5. I will be staying in Dubrovnik on the beach. It will be glorious)

Days until I arrive back in Lansing, MI: 30

Days until I return to Bratislava: 83

Before I know it, summer will be here, and then before I know it, summer will be gone.

1 comment:

f0x said...

dan, no offense, but next time before you criticize something, ask yourself, did you do anything about it? i disagree with the word "poor". the pension was actually very nice and very well located. it was just overpriced. everything in there was. i know that is just your opinion, but next time you try to find something comparable one week in advance.