Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thus Begins Another Year

Well, I took the summer off from blogging, but now I am back in Slovakia, ready for another year.

I left last Thursday afternoon from Lansing, MI, and I arrived 18 hours later on Friday afternoon. I didn't sleep much on the plane but was out for about a half away. I considered this an accomplishment. Nine hours is a long time to be on one plane if you can't sleep. I flew United and was disappointed in their movie selection. United is a little behind other airline companies as far as technology for movies is concerned. I had a screen to myself, but I could not start and stop the films as I have been able to on other airlines. Oh well, at least they fed me twice.

This past weekend was spent settling back in and meeting up with old friends and making new friends. School begins next week but this week is teacher's planning week. I am excited to see the students again and get back into the classroom.

No comments: