Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ski Week

The first year students in our school have a week where they learn how to ski. That week is next week. Some of the students, however, opt not to go. Eighteen are staying this year. Because I teach first years, I do not have to teach 8 of my 20 classes a week. Twice next week I have to teach the students who remain.

Here's a few questions I was asked this week:

"Am you going on ski week?" - No, thank you. Whenever I ski, I feel like I'm going to fall off the mountain.

"What are you going to do with not having your first year classes?" - Pretend that I get to have another week without half of my classes.

"Professor, can we watch a movie while they are on ski week?" - No, what movie? "Simpsons" - No

(I'm not really that mean. I only say, "maybe", but "no" sounds funnier.

"Professor, will we miss you?" - Uh, I sure hope so, but I don't know if that's what you mean.

"Professor, will...we miss you?" - Hmm, I think you need to think about that question for a minute.

"Professor, will...you miss...us?" - Yes, of course.

(See, I'm not that mean)

But, as the mug that a friend of my first roommate in college gave me says, "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

No comments: