Monday, October 15, 2007

Bratislava Castle

This weekend I went again to the Bratislava Castle, but this time I went inside to all the museums.

They had a pretty neat collection of coins from different periods of history, going all the way back to the Roman times.

In many rooms they had different tapestries. These are big pieces of carpet that have paintings on them. These were very fun for me because they were pictures of stories from the bible and mythology.

In another room, there were many pictures of Jesus' crucifixion and such, and I'm not sure why this exhibit was here because it was very random and had numerous pictures of different kings of different countries and such.

Then we got to go to the top of the tower, where we could see for miles and miles. We could see Austria, which is actually only a few miles away, but anyway.

Then we went into some music exhibit and this guy showed us the auditorium. In it was a big piano, which he let us play. So I played the first thing that came to my mind: the can-can.

It was quite an interesting time.

No comments: