Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday!

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. It was a good birthday, except for waking up at 6 a.m.

A few of the students found out it was my birthday and sang "happy birthday" to me in English and Slovak. I heard "happy birthday" maybe four or five times during the school day. It was nice, but a little much. My students expected that they would not have to do work because it was my birthday. Oh they thought wrong.

That evening most of the ELCA people here went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. It was a nice evening. After dinner, I talked to my family over the Internet. It was nice. A birthday for the record books.

I have dubbed this last week "Field Trip Week." Every day I had a class that either had 2 or 3 people there or none there. Some of the students were in the Czech Republic, some were in Austria.

Anyway, one more week until Christmas break!

1 comment:

Miriam Sybrandy said...

Happy birthday a little late! As usual, I enjoy reading your blog - it sounds as if you are enjoying your students. The story of St. Mikolas Day was very interesting. I hope you have a nice Christmas - maybe you will have another American feast with your friends! (I am not sure a turkey would be so appreciated at the lenten potluck!)