Monday, March 10, 2008

Evangelical Lyceum Baseball


Greetings again blog-readers. I apologize for not writing for nearly a month. I was on spring break, which I will be writing about in time, but today I will be writing about our baseball game last Friday.

One of my students plays for a baseball team in Bratislava (I'm not sure how many there are in Bratislava, maybe only one) and he wanted his team to play against students at the Lyceum. He played for our team, as well as three of the professors.

We played 9 innings (I couldn't believe the other team wanted to play so much. I tried to convince them that high schoolers in the US only play 7 innings in high school. The final score was 13-13. It was too dark to play more than 9 innings.

Yours truly pitched for the Lyceum. I pitched eight innings, allowing a few hits and a few earned runs. Our team had many errors though. Everytime someone stole, the catcher thought it was acceptable to throw the ball. I felt like I was playing JV baseball (No offense to anyone I played JV baseball with).

Most of the students began the game not really knowing how to play baseball, but we learned many things during the game. We learned that you have to keep your foot on the base at all times. We learned when to swing the bat and when not to swing the bat. It was a good learning experience for the students. Nevertheless, this game might not have been a good example of a good baseball game, as there were few hits and most people just stood around.

Here you can watch my stand-up triple. I should have went for the inside-the-park. Thanks Larry for getting that on tape since my parents weren't there.


No comments: