Monday, August 20, 2007

Hello Bratislava

After three plane rides and a long night, I finally made it to Bratislava. The plane over the Atlantic was quite an experience. Everybody but me and the little Swedish kids in the row in front of me slept. I kept myself busy by watching three movies and playing games on television on the seat in front of me. When I arrived in Stockholm, Sweden, I found my terminal, blopped down on a seat and put my head onto my backpack. I slept for about 30 minutes. I slept again on the plane to Vienna for a little while.

When I arrived in Vienna, people had been waiting for me and we left for Bratislava. The best part though was we rode in a Benz. That's right, a Mercedes-Benz. The only thing was it was a van. We found it quite humorous.

We are staying at the Lutheran Seminary in Bratislava. I room with Eric who is from Minnesota. He refers to U-M as University of Minnesota. We already talked about distinguishing between the U-Ms. Everyone here is pretty nice. A few are my age.

The view from the seminary is fabulous. I have been trying to put new batteries in my camera to get a picture of it; however, I cannot figure out the Europe adaptors yet.

We have Slovak language class in a little bit, so I should go. I will try to put a picture up later.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks for the update. It will be great to see the pictures. Good luck figuring out the adaptor.
Mom