Sunday, August 26, 2007

Moving In






I finally got to move into my apartment yesterday. There are two rooms. One for Larry, the guy I'm living with, and one for me. There is also a small kitchen, a toilet room, and a shower room. The shower room doesn't really have a shower; it's more of a hose. It was interesting showering for the first time. And it has no curtain. The picture to the right is of part of my room. As you can see, there is a little sitting area.
The second picture is of the view from the apartment.


Larry and I had our first meal at the apartment. We made spaghetti. This morning we went to the English speaking church, which was nice because it was in English. Then we went to Tesco, which is the Europe equivalent of Super Wal-mart. It was very difficult buying food. Shopping in America is hard enough for me. I wandered most of the time wondering how I was ever going to make it (with food that is).
Friday night we had the national meal, which is basically macaronni and cheese. It was very cheese. It was goat's cheese. Not really my thing.
Tomorrow we start our teacher inservice where we will plan for the first couple of weeks. I'm ready for the students to come.

3 comments:

David said...

Hey punko! It's your brother. Is the hose warm at all or do you only get cold water. When I come visit, you better have learned how to make some better food!

Diane said...

Goat cheese! Doesn't sound very good! Have a great week!

cheryl j. said...

it is sheep cheese, not goat's cheese, and dumplings made from potato. you will probably grow to like it. it is good at the Slovak Pub on Obchodna St. I learned to make it in Trencin from Jozef's sister and I can buy the bryndza (sheep cheese) in Troy, MI at the Polish market.